I was working a PDF Dowload in my application and one fine day move my application to client test system where the application was aired over https. That screwed up my day to find out bug in my application. But finally when i googled for it i found out that IE has screwed up everything for me.
The problem is with enabling no cache headers in response header.
response.setHeader(“Cache-Control”, “no-cache”); //Forces caches to obtain a new copy of the page from the origin server
response.setHeader(“Cache-Control”, “no-store”); //Directs caches not to store the page under any circumstance
response.setDateHeader(“Expires”, 0); //Causes the proxy cache to see the page as “stale”
response.setHeader(“Pragma”, “no-cache”); //HTTP 1.0 backward compatibility
The moment i removed this everthing worked fine. And finnaly made my last laugh.
For More Reference :http://support.microsoft.com/kb/316431